Monday 4 March 2013

My Toile - for pre collection


Out of our six designs for our pre collection we got to chose one of those designs to make...Only made up in calico. There is a lot of fabric used on this gown, however looking at the dress you would think it would be difficult to construct but it was very simple. The dress is made up with a floor length tube dress as a base, with a split in the back to allow the wearer to walk. Then I have made seven layers of frills, constructed of four circle skirt pieces joined together to make a complete circle around the width of the dress, all of the seven layers have been doubled up so there are two layers to all of the seven layers. I have broken up these layers by adding two basic shape skirt pieces in-between the frills, I would have like the layers to be varied in length more like my design, however I would of at least had to have four layers in all of the seven layers. The bodice is basic as I have made a leather harness with shoulder pad points, I also made the leather fringing which drapes down the back and the front is tucked into the first leather panel and has been stitched on. The harness of this dress has been inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci's anatomy.....
My toile design....



Front of the toile without the harness 



                                                  Toile dress on the side without the harness


                                                Back of the toile dress without the harness



                                        Back of the toile dress wearing the leather harness





Front of the toile dress wearing the harness



Leather harness one side with fringing and the other without - ideally I would of like the fringing on both sides but we ran out of that leather.

Back of the harness with a separating zip in the back

No comments:

Post a Comment