Saturday 16 March 2013

A1 watercolour painting for FMP

After a lot of research for my final major project, I decided I wanted my collection to have a hand produced look to it. I wanted to include my strengths, I love painting and drawing and feel that this would be a good element to feature.

With this I found some oriental hand painted images where you could see the brush stroke marks which I really love. I began experimenting with the images by recreating them, by playing with the scales and found that the larger the scale the more detail that is seen. I began painting on A1 pieces of paper and decided to have these paintings so that they would be digitally printed onto fabric.


 Large close up of a floral

Beginning with the floral watercolour paintings...because of the scale of these paintings it is a very long process. I decided to have different paintings and have 2 prints on each of my four garments. I began by drawing first and having them so they were all ready at the same time to be painted.


Oriental bird print

I painted each of the backgrounds first, I thought it might be easier to keep each painting at the same stage rather than producing one at a time because they are so time consuming and I had a deadline to get these completed by because of having to get them scanned into photoshop and sent away to be printed onto fabric.



A close up piece of a floral.. which is quite cartoon looking... I am not too sure if I like this...


I love this painting I love the tones and the bleeding tones of red and magenta...nearly finished



A close up image of a floral


Another painting that is starting to look quite cartoon like...which I can not decide whether I like or not




This painting has been design so that it is symmetrical and is extremely detailed...this painting is taking a very ling time.

Another symmetrical painting in a smaller scale than the others I still have quite a way to go with this painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment