Monday 18 March 2013

Toiling for look 1 - FMP

I began designing my final major project and have come up with a collection of 4 evening wear gowns which are very sculptural, so I began toiling to see ways in which I would be able to achieve the shapes that I would like for my final collection.....


Working on the stand with a long strip of interfaced calico to work out ways in which I can create sculpture and shape.




Creating cones of calico and experimenting with different weight fabrics... this does not work to the extent that I want it to.


As I had experimented before by using circles to create new 3 dimensional shapes, I began to experiment further by cutting specific sized circles in calico and interfaced each of the and cut a straight line to the centre of each circle so I can work with the circle a lot easier.


 Side view of calico circles...3D structure


 Here I have 2 different sized circles to create different proportions to each circle, pining the circle at the base to the the mannequin making this easier to control where I can form new shapes. This works really well and looks tidy where each of the circles has been pinned.
  


Adding a much larger circle that creates a voluminous skirt to the sculptures of circles, which I really love the contrasting sizes of each of the circles, this allows the shapes of the circles to be seen more vividly.

No comments:

Post a Comment