Monday 26 November 2012

Construction workshops at uni...

At uni we have construction classes where we made a Bias tube dress. I obviously chose the light weight sheer chiffon to make it harder for myself as I tend to do, not out of choice. 

It was very easy to construct, apart from the fabric being silky and moves all over the place when cutting it, but overall I really like the design...Id recommend wearing something underneath as it would be a naked dress!




                                                                   Front of the dress


                                                    Back of the dress with the bias tube

Pattern Magic - Hooded shirt, this was quite fun to make and construct as it is completely different to anything I have made before, its not something I would wear and looks really silly with just a face popping out the face hole, but can be worn as a normal top. I gathered the seam in the back which drapes the fabric. The fabric is an awful colour and horrible to worth with it was like a silky jersey.



                                               Front of the hooded shirt with the face hole


                                                             Side of the hooded shirt


Back of the hooded shirt with gathers in the back seam

No comments:

Post a Comment