Wednesday 27 February 2013

Inspiration for Final Major Project

For my final major project, I wanted to carry on with the oriental theme that my pre collection had development into.

It was coming up to the china new year so there was a lot of inspiration around, therefore I went on a trip to London to gather some inspiring images.

I had also recently watching Memoirs of a Geisha which featured a lot of inspiring oriental elements, the kimonos in gorgeous fabric, the florals, parasols and prints.


Chinese New Year window in Harrods - Oriental printed white and gold plates



I also visited the V&A which has a very large display of oriental kimonos, pottery, fabrics, bowls, plates all having amazing prints.



Inspirational imagery from the movie Memoirs of a Geisha  - I love the parasol and the structure inside the parasol.


Kimono prints and belts


Cherry Blossom floral and large scale print


Floral and bird twin vases from the oriental display at the V&A


Developing my research further, I looked into oriental floral prints from books


I came across some oriental floral paintings which I found very inspiring, I really like that these florals that look as though they are 100 years old, you can see the brush stroke, having that hand produced look, I love this.



I love the tonal affect within this mustard yellow and red tulip floral painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment