Monday 25 February 2013

Inspiration for FMP - Couture Dior - John Galliano

My all time favourite collection......Couture Dior's Fall 2010 Collection from John Galliano...

Galliano's collection is an inspiration for my final major project, I know for my collection I would like to create a collection of evening gowns with a dramatic impact yet beautiful and sexy.



Galliano's designs are absolutely stunning, I love the amounts of fabric featured on this design yet it is still feminine and sexy. Also the flash of the close up large scale floral print, with the subtle hints of red against the red and black bulks of fabric. 


Within this collection the bold colours that are contrasted together with either block colour, a print and another contrasting colour work so beautifully.
I alos love the huge amount of fabric used on each look to create this volume within the skirts and having a fitted bodice which compensates the scale of the skirts.


This collection has been inspired by flowers and I love how Galliano has taken it to a whole new level by creating this stunning flower pieces from tulle and silk which look very realistic.


Amazing, amazing, amazing.....The huge amounts of tule layered together with the draped tonal dyed heavy satin silk repeating around the waistline of the skirt and with the narrow bright orange belt that emphasis's the smallness of the waist that compensates with the scale of the layers of fabric on the skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment