Saturday 13 April 2013

Production of Look 1

Making Look 1 -

For this dress I designed the dress to be of a basic shape and have applied fabrics to create elements of 3 dimensional sculptures coming from the main dress to create an illusion.

For this dress I used a lingerie block which I adapted to my design by making the dress length shorter and cascading into a slight 'V' in the dress back, and having the zip fastening in the side seam and hidden with the applied attachments.

The main dress has been constructed using fuchsia duchess satin with a polyester lining, because the dress attachments will be quite heavy and the dress is very small with no sleeves or straps I needed the dress to be quite supported, and decided to include a hidden corset within the bodice.




Front and Back pieces of main dress


 Back of dress with sewn dart - pinned on stand


Pining of front and back dress pieces - Side view


Front of main dress with sewn darts


Making the lining using polyester...using the same blocks as I had used for the main dress.


Attaching the lining to the main dress


Attaching the boned corset to the dress


Front boned corset with interfacing to make stronger


Back boned corset


Dying my fabric for the applied circle attachments - Dying satin gazar with red acid dye


Died red satin gazar ready to cut out circle attachments from my own circle blocks.



 Cutting interfacing to iron onto circle attachments to make them firmer







No comments:

Post a Comment