Thursday 25 October 2012

British Museum - Egyptian Inspiration


After watching Cleopatra I became inspired by Egyptian and went to the British Museum in London to gather more research and inspirational imagery.

I really loved the jewellery featured in the Cleopatra film, there was a lot of Egyptian jewellery within the museum, which was highly detailed and chunky which I found was very inspiring. I like the idea of having something chunky and quite masculine and maybe mix with contrasting aspects.

There were a lot of pottery prints that I found would be very interesting manipulate and play with. I like the idea of the prints to be very over the top and very detailed, mixing the scales and print placement.




Gold Egyptian necklace


 Highly detailed gold printed mummy


Egyptian jewellery piece...I love the 3dimensional floral and detail 


Another gold piece of jewellery again I really find the 3 dimensional aspect of this very inspiring for my pre collection


Egyptian pottery featuring repeat patterns and various scales of print



Floral print of concrete piece


Repeat pattern on pottery bowl


I really love the prints and shapes within this sculptural piece


This is my favourite jewellery hand cuff, the colours and the very small detail


Repeat pattern print on mummy collar


Symmetrical floral print on concrete sculptures


I love this jewellery piece all the small detailing and textural aspects within all the tiny triangular pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment