Tuesday 16 October 2012

Leonardo Da Vinci - Anatomist

 During the last summer holidays I visited London to look for inspiration for my next Fashion & Textiles brief. Before going to London I looked online to see what exhibitions were on and  came across Leonardo Da Vinci's Anatomist exhibition at The Queens Galley - Buckingham Palace.

I thought this would be really inspiring and it really was. I love hand drawing myself and was amazed by the excellence of Leonardo's ability to draw in such detail, the sketches looked 3D and life like. I found the muscle and bone structures of the body drawings almost mechanical, holding the body upright and erect, panels of muscle and bones in different scales, shapes and forms - FANTASTIC IDEAS FOR FASHION CONSTRUCTION DESIGN!!! - I immediately became inspired and very very excited.








Love this - Reminds me of feathers



This is my absolute favourite of all the sketches - The detail is beautiful, several layers of muscle building up ton top of each other either running horizontally or diagonally forming a complete structure - So inspiring


 The spine - The centre part of the body that holds everything together - I like the idea of muscles and bones all join together to the spine - another idea for fashion construction
This again was another of my favourite sketches -  Panels of muscles joining from the arm and flowing into the next, breaking off showing these gaps in-between.

This is definitely one of the best exhibitions I have ever been to, can not wait to start sketching!




No comments:

Post a Comment