Monday 22 October 2012

Cleopatra - Collection Inspiration

For my pre collection, I became inspired by Cleopatra after watching the 4 hour long film featuring Elizabeth Taylor. 

Bright colours, the details and layers of gold and layers of fabric. I really love the neck pieces and jewellery, this is something that I would really like to experiment with, by including jewellery pieces into my collection. 


 I love this image of Elizabeth Taylor is stunning, the one shoulder red/orange dress, with the flat plat piece choker necklace and the bird hat accessory is beautiful. I love the contrast of the beautiful red dress with the heavy and bulky gold jewellery.



Layers of gold leaf, huge head piece with the gold dress... very dramatic and heavy yet still feminine.


I love the draping fabric with the print which fixes into the shoulder, I like the layers of fabric and where they are attached. 


The detailing on this harness is very interesting for print ideas, I love the print being a large scale mixed with various other scales.


Gorgeous print and attachment pieces, shoulder attachments, cuffs, brightly coloured print and head dresses.


 Repeat pattern around the collar, print placement, contrasting colours and shoulder points... masculine

I love this.... I love the shoulder attachments and the waist belt on top of the yellow shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment