Saturday 13 October 2012

Mr Louboutin - The red sole man

Last year I visited the Christian Louboutin Exhibition as a concept idea for my dissertation, previously last year I wrote an essay on fetishism and the corset - I wanted to look at this further  in regards to fetishism and shoes. At the design museum the Christian Louboutin exhibition held a secret dark passage with glass jars containing shoes that nobody would be able to walk - not that they were designed for walking. Louboutin collaborated with Photographer David Lynch for the exhibition, with imagery on the walls of the fetish passage walkway. I have never seen shoes like this before, however even with the fetish concept the shoes still hold the trade mark Louboutin wow factor.


                              Siamese shoes joined together at the heel and form into one heel



                               I would not recommend standing in a muddy field wearing these


                                                         They say - 'Beauty equals pain'



                                                            A different kind of stiletto


                                                   Stilettos with handcuff hells and strap




                                                                  Sketches and designs





                                      The smallest shoe I have ever seen - so sweet

On the way up to the exhibition was a stairway full of light and candy cane hoops hanging from the ceiling with Louboutin shoes hanging the the centre of the hoops - one day I hope to own a pair of Louboutin shoes ( not fetish shoes) not so I can wear them just so I can hug them!

No comments:

Post a Comment